Pages

March 5, 2011

Demo Reel 2011 / GDC

Current Demo Reel of my best things. I compiled this together for GDC to get feedback and was extremely happy of the feedback and crits I got back. Big things I got back are:

-link different actions together, walks into runs into jumps, etc. Makes it more interesting
-Less walks in some cases
-Tailor reel for companies more. (This reel was compiled of both game and cinematic to cover both but when linking/sending to company have 2 different reels for it)
-Attack animations swords and guns
-Explore more with dog/quadruped
-Start learning about Mo cap

So with these ideas I got some good ideas on what to work on this summer after graduation. The main feedback I got was that I had strong foundation so far but each company wanted to see more of specific things. I am so happy to hear this because it means I dont suck! So atleast im going in a good direction and I know what they want, which was my main goal of GDC was to get exact feedback of what companies are looking for.

Like I mentioned MoCap this was the BIG thing everyone mentioned (Some primarily more then others) so I NEED to look into it. Up to this point I havent been sure how to feel about Mocap but the fact is that it is here and no matter if I like the idea of it or not its being used and I need to get some experience with it if i want to be hire able in many cases.

So got a good amount of work ahead of me to focus on, exciting stuff!

No comments: